Lamb Stew – Tavas
Especially suitable for cold winter days!
It is also perfectly suited to be cooked in the slow cooker. *
1 kg lamb
1 kg potatoes
3-4 large onions
5-6 ripe tomatoes
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds, slightly crushed
1/2 cup oil
cinnamon, salt, pepper.
– Cut the meat into medium sized cubes.
– Peel, and cut the potatoes in four.
– Peel and cut the onions in slices.
– Cut the tomatoes in slices.
– Put the meat, potatoes, onions and tomatoes in layers in a baking dish.
– Add the oil, cinnamon, bay leaves, cumin, salt and pepper.
* Note: A slow-cooker, also known as Crock-Pot or Morphy Richards (trademarks), is a countertop electrical cooking appliance that is used for simmering, which requires maintaining a relatively low temperature.